Transfer Applicants – Diploma only
Whatever the reason for wishing to change institutions, ACK welcomes transfer students who have completed comparable courses at an institution accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in the State of Kuwait.
As recognition can only be considered for institutions accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in the State of Kuwait, you may wish to check the UNIVERSITY LIST section of the National Bureau for Academic Accreditation & Education Quality Assurance (NBAQ) website http://nbaq.edu.kw/en/
The period for submitting a Transfer Student application is published on the Application Dates webpage and late applications are not accepted.
Before you apply, be sure to review the Transfer Application Criteria and Required Documents to make sure you have all the things you need for your transfer application.
In addition to the non-refundable KD30 Diploma application fee, transfer applications are subject to a non-refundable KD10 per course regardless of the outcome of the application.
Transfer Student Application Process
- Completed units at an institution accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in the State of Kuwait;
- Have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.00;
- Units to be considered for credit are a minimum “B” grade and were completed no more than six years ago at time of making the application.
- Official SEALED transcript from each institution where courses were attempted
- Unit/Course Outlines
- High School Certificate a. Government and Arabic Private School Graduates: 1. One true copy of the High School Certificate in Arabic authenticated by the Ministry of Education. 2.One true copy of the High School Certificate in English authenticated by the Ministry of Education. b.Foreign Private School Graduates (American, British, Indian, Pakistani, etc.) and Graduates from outside of Kuwait: 1.One copy of the High School Transcript. 2.One original Equivalency Letter issued by the Private Education Department addressed to the Australian College of Kuwait.
- Valid passport copy (including residency page for non-Kuwaitis).
- Valid Civil ID copy.
- One photograph (4x6).
- 30 credits is the maximum number of transfer credits that a student can be granted in a given Diploma qualification. Any exceptions to this need to be approved by the Office of the Vice President – Academic Affairs.
- Applications are subject to evaluation; applicants should not assume any credits will be granted.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all required documentation in the required timelines and pay the required fees. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Credit Transfers are GPA neutral and students granted credit can opt to take the units as normal. Students should inform their decision to the College no later than the first week of the semester.
- IELTS Online Score Verification Service (British Council, London)
- TOEFL Online Score Verification Service (Princeton, New Jersey)
- Academic IELTS Certificate (Minimum score required is 4.0)
- TOEFL Internet Based English Certificate (Minimum score required is 71)
- Validity period of OOPT®: 6 months from the test date. After this time the OOPT® result cannot be used for admissions purposes and the applicant must re-sit the test.
- Retaking the OOPT®: An applicant wishing to sit the OOPT® again may do so after 48 hours from the initial test date.
- • IELTS/TOEFL Certificates: A valid IELTS/TOEFL Certificate may be submitted within the advertised Admissions period. ACK accepts an overall band score of 5.5 IELTS or 71 TOEFL score for Direct entry into the Diploma programs.
- Validity period of IELTS®/TOEFL®: 2 years from the test date.