Academic Hold Policy
To define the rules that governs students being put on Academic Hold.
This policy applies to all ACK registered students in programs offered by the School of Engineering and the School of Business, including students in the English Language Department.
- A student may be placed on Academic Hold (Stop List) if he/she:
- Is a continuing student who failed to register and did not submit a Semester Deferral Form or College Withdrawal Form (Dormant code);
- Is suspended by the Dean - Admissions & Registration (SUSPADAR code);
- Is suspended by the Vice President- Academic Affairs (SUSPDEAN code);
- Is expelled by the Dean - Admissions & Registration (ExpADAR code);
- Is expelled by the Dean – Admissions & Registration due to low GPA (ExpADAR-G code);
- Is expelled by the Dean – Admissions & Registration due to breach of 8 semester Progression Rule (ExpADAR-P code);
- Exceeded the allowed number of semesters (LMT code);
- Is in breach of Progression policy 8 semester rule and awaiting the Dean’s decision (ProgBreach code);
- Is expelled by Dean – Admission & Registration due to failing the same level of English Language Program three times (ExpADAR-F code);
- Failed the same English Language program level three times and is awaiting the Vice President- Academic Affairs’s decision (FoundBreac code);
- Is expelled by the President (ExpCEO code);
- Is expelled by the Vice President- Academic Affairs (ExpDEAN code);
- Failed to register flag (Fail regFL code);
- Fails to meet their financial obligations to the College on time as required by ACK fee payment schedules (Finance code);
- Has outstanding debts from previous semesters (Finance code);
- Is in breach of Final Probation and awaiting the Dean’s decision (FinProbBre);
- Submitted a Forged Certificate (ForgedCert code);
- Submitted a Forged Document (ForgedDoc code);
- Did not apply to Graduate (GradDNAppl code);
- Is missing graduation documents (MGD code);
- Stop has been placed by the Registrar (Registrar code);
- Refer to relevant School (RTF code);
- Fails to attend mandatory meetings with Academic Advisors and/or Student Affairs Department as requested.
- A Request to place or remove Academic Hold (stop list) (ACK.FO.AR.201.01) will be completed by the relevant School or Department and sent to Admissions & Registration.
- A student put on Academic Hold shall not:
- Be able to access PowerCampus and accordingly shall be prevented from viewing course material, attendance records and activity grades;
- Receive any grades (including but not limited to activity grades, year work, midterm and final exam results) or transcripts for their studies;
- Be able to receive oral or written feedback on assessments;
- Receive a “To Whom It May Concern Letter” or any other document/letter from the Admissions and Registration Department;
- Be able to register in any further units;
- Be able to graduate.
- Academic hold shall remain in effect until a request to place or remove Academic Hold (stop list) (ACK.FO.AR.201.01) is completed by relevant School or Department and sent to Admissions & Registration.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- Academic Hold: When a student has a “Stop” placed on his or her record on PowerCampus as per Section 3.1 of this document.
- PowerCampus: Online Student Enrolment System utilized by ACK.
- Request to place or remove academic hold (stop list) (ACK.FO.AR.201.01)
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.