ACK Academic and Special Achievement Awards Policy and Procedure
The ACK Academic and Special Achievement Awards Program encourages and recognizes outstanding achievement by students both during their course of study and upon graduation as well as promoting a culture of excellence across the College.
Unless otherwise stated this policy applies to all full-time ACK students registered in programs offered by School of Business, School of Engineering, English Language Program and School of Aviation.
- The ACK Academic and Special Achievement Awards Program includes:
- Dean’s Graduation Honor Roll;
- Dean’s List;
- ACK Special Academic Awards; and
- ACK Special Achievement Awards for extra-curricular activity.
The criteria for each Academic Award are identified below.
Dean’s Graduation Honor Roll:
- For each semester, any full-time graduate at Diploma or Degree level with a Cumulative GPA of 4.00/4.00 or 7.00/7.00.
- For each Semester, any Diploma student with a full-time load who achieves a Semester GPA of 4.00/4.00.
- For each Semester, any Degree student with a full-time load who achieves a Semester GPA of:
- 7.00 /7.00 (students who commenced their Degree studies prior to September 2014) or
- 4.00/4.00 (students who commenced their Degree studies September 2014 onwards).
- Students who are repeating any units will not be eligible.
- ACK Special Academic Awards:
- The President, in conjunction with the respective Dean of School, will approve a list of eligible academic projects for Special Academic Awards. The list of eligible academic projects for each Academic area will be published prior to the commencement of each Semester. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a maximum of one (1) Special Academic Award will be approved each Semester for each Department within the Schools of Engineering and Business plus one (1) for the English Language Program and one (1) for the School of Aviation.
- ACK Special Achievement Awards for extra-curricular activity:
- The President, in conjunction with the Senior Manager of Student Affairs, will approve Special Achievement Awards in relation to outstanding student achievement within extracurricular activities. Unless there are exceptional circumstances a maximum of three (3) Special Achievement Awards will be approved College wide each Semester. The criteria with regard to each Award will be published prior to the commencement of each Semester by the Student Affairs Department.
- Students with a record of violation under the Student Code of Conduct,Code of Academic Integrity or with outstanding fees may not qualify for any ACK Academic or Special Achievement Award.
- The College reserves the right to revoke an Award if a student is later found to be in breach of any of these codes during the period relating to the Award.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- Academic Semester: Is a Fall or a Spring semester. Summer semester is not considered an Academic Semester.
- Academic Heads: Refers to the staff member in charge of the School of Engineering, School of Business, English Language Program and School of Aviation.
- ACK Special Academic Awards: Are awards to recognize outstanding performance within a nominated academic project by full-time students within the School of Engineering, School of Business, English Language Program and School of Aviation.
- ACK Special Achievement Awards: Are awards to recognize outstanding extra-curricular participation by any full-time student.
- Cumulative GPA: Is a Grade Point Average based on all units attempted since the first semester of enrollment in a Diploma or Degree program. A student’s GPA is calculated separately for Diploma and Degree programs.
- Dean’s Graduation Honor Roll: Is a list of the top graduates from each School at both Diploma and Degree levels selected per the criteria specified in the Qualifying Criteria of this document.
- Dean’s List: Is an official record of all full time Diploma and Degree students who achieve the nominated Semester GPA specified in theQualifying Criteria of this document for their studies during a particular Semester.
- Semester GPA: Is a Grade Point Average based on all units attempted during a single Academic Semester.
- School: Is ACK School of Business or School of Engineering.
- ACK Dean’s Graduation Honor Roll Nomination and Approval Form.
- Dean’s List Nomination and Approval Form.
- ACK Special Academic Award Approval Form.
- ACK Special Achievement Award for extra-curricular activity Approval Form.
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.