School of Business
Students admitted into the following Business Diplomas are enrolled at the Australian College of Kuwait in programs endorsed by CQUniversity, Australia.
School of Engineering
Students admitted into the following Engineering Diplomas are enrolled at the Australian College of Kuwait in programs endorsed by CQUniversity, Australia.
School of Aviation
The period for submitting a Diploma application is published on the Application Dates webpage and late applications are not accepted.
Diploma Application Process
|High School System||Equivalency Letter||Minimum Requirement – Engineering and Aviation ||Minimum Requirement – Business|
|Government and Arabic Private Schools system (Percentage or Modular)||Not required||65%||60%|
|British system||Required||6 IGCSE with minimum of “D” ||6 IGCSE with minimum of “D” |
|Graduates from outside of Kuwait||Required||65% / 2.25||60% / 2.00|
For any school system not listed above, kindly visit the Admission Office to calculate your minimum entry requirement percentage as they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will require at least a passing grade as well as Kuwait Ministry of Education equivalency.
 Engineering and Aviation applicants must hold a Science section Secondary School Certificate which includes a pass grade in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
 Ministry of Education Arabic and Religious Studies may each substitute for an IGCSE.
- High School Certificate
- One true copy of the High School Certificate in Arabic authenticated by the Ministry of Education.
- One true copy of the High School Certificate in English authenticated by the Ministry of Education.
- One copy of the High School Transcript.
- One original Equivalency Letter issued by the Private Education Department addressed to the Australian College of Kuwait.
- Valid passport copy (including residency page for non-Kuwaitis).
- Valid Civil ID copy.
- One photograph (4x6).
Note: To be eligible for admission into one of the Diploma programs offered by the School of Engineering or the School of Aviation, the applicants must: Submit a Science Section Secondary School Certificate which meets the minimum requirements as specified in schedule mentioned above (High School Requirement) and includes pass grade in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.False or misleading documentation
Submission of false or misleading documentation (including IELTS® or TOEFL® Certificates) is considered misconduct and is subject to actions in accordance with Student Code of Conduct Policy and Procedure. This may include withdrawal of the offer of a place, cancellation of enrolment and, if applicable, revoking of any awards granted if the information used as the basis for admission cannot be verified.
Applicants with a disability and/or learning differences must first meet the minimum entry requirements of the College. Upon initial acceptance, the following documents will be required for submission for further assessment by the Student Support Center.
Applicants with physical disability:
- A valid Certificate of Disability from the Public Authority of Disabled Affairs and
- A current medical report from a qualified doctor documenting the degree of disability and/or psycho-educational report from a certified specialist. The report must indicate the limitation to learning and the accommodations recommended.
- A psycho-educational report is only required from a certified specialist if the applicant also has a learning difference. The report must indicate the limitation to learning and the accommodations recommended.
Applicants with a learning differences applying for accommodationd:
- A current and complete psycho-educational or neuropsychological report from a qualified professional which must include:
- Wechsler IQ Test (WISC – test) – English or Arabic.
- the limitation to learning and the accommodations recommended.
For further details on what is required in the psychoeducational report, please refer to the Students with Disabilities and/or Learning Differences Policy.
All classes are conducted in English; therefore admission to ACK requires an assessed minimum level of English language competence. ACK utilizes the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT®) (a computerized test) to place applicants according to their appropriate English language level.
Applicants with a valid Academic IELTS® or TOEFL® Certificate are not required to undertaken the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT®). ACK uses the following international services for verification of IELTS® and TOEFL® Certificates
- IELTS Online Score Verification Service (British Council, London)
- TOEFL Online Score Verification Service (Princeton, New Jersey)
Applicants opting to take the OOPT® must register for the test and pay a Non-refundable English Placement Test fee of KD25.
All students applying to ACK must demonstrate that they are competent in the use of the English language and satisfy the College’s requirements.
- Academic IELTS Certificate (Minimum score required is 3.0)
- TOEFL Internet Based English Certificate (Minimum score required is 71)
- Validity period of OOPT®: An OOPT® result is valid only for the semester being applied for. After this time the OOPT® result cannot be used for admissions purposes and the applicant must re-sit the test..
- Retaking the OOPT®: An applicant wishing to sit the OOPT® again may do so after 24 hours from the initial test date.
- IELTS/TOEFL Certificates: A valid IELTS/TOEFL Certificate may be submitted within the advertised Admissions period. ACK accepts an overall band score of 5.5 IELTS or 71 TOEFL score for Direct entry into the Diploma programs.
- Validity period of IELTS®/TOEFL®: 2 years from the test date.