Who Are We?
The Student Affairs create a safe and caring environment where students can maximize their development during their time at ACK. We offer non-academic support and advice.
Student Affairs Mission
Taking a proactive approach to bridge the gap between different ACK departments and our students to further facilitate the progress of students in coordination with ACK policies. Our guidance and mechanisms are targeted at contributing to our students’ future and self-development.
We are the cog holding the network of channels amongst students, staff and parents. We aim at creating a warm atmosphere for the students and are the parents’ main contact for all forms of monitoring and complaints. At the same time we strongly believe that the success of any institution lies in the degree of application of clear and firm policies and procedures.
At the Student Affairs Center we bring all concerned parties together in a coordinated and fair manner ensuring comfort, cooperation and corrective measures are all acted upon in coherence with each other to achieve a better environment for all.
Student Affairs Services
- Provision of information relating to ACK policies and procedures for non-academic matters;
- Advice to students in establishing specific, measurable, realistic and achievable goals and also promoting student growth by determining suitable developmental tasks;
- Monitor students’ attendance as needed, discuss current and potential needs or problem areas with students and parents, and refer students to appropriate campus resources for assistance;
- Offer study skills workshops and developmental seminars; and
- Liaise between students and Academic Departments regarding Excused Absences.
Location: Ground floor of Building 1
Normal operating hours: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Sundays to Thursdays (except during the month of Ramadan)
Telephone: 1828225 Ext. 5500