We offer all students support and guidance in relation to any emotional or psychological issues. The services are highly confidential and are undertaken within an environment of care and with the aim of working with the student to jointly design a pathway towards personal growth.
- Individual Counseling;
- Family Counseling;
- Group Counseling;
- Staff Counseling;
- Psychological and educational testing and measurement;
- Groups, Workshops and Forums; and
- Consultation and Outreach.
Student Counseling Services offer the following:
- Help students overcome their psychological and emotional difficulties and disorders;
- Support students’ psychological growth and development;
- Help students restore emotional balance, build self-strength and gain emotional resiliency; and
- Increase in students’ personal and psychological well being.
Normal operating hours: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Sundays to Thursdays by appointment (except during the month of Ramadan)
Telephone: 1828225 Ext. 4138 and 4267
Learning Disabilities, Sensory and Mobility Disorders
The Student Support Centre also provides academic support and facilitates reasonable academic accommodations to ACK students registered as having a learning difficulty and/or a sensory or mobility disorder. It is our goal to ensure that all eligible students have an equal opportunity to achieve their academic goals while meeting the College's academic requirements. We will ensure that students registered with the Student Support Center receive the academic support they require throughout their academic studies at ACK. We are the main point of contact between the different departments to ensure the students’ needs and concerns are addressed appropriately.
In addition, we conduct individual and small group intervention and remediation sessions for students with disabilities including literacy, numeracy and study skills.
Location: Room F05, First floor of Building 2
Normal operating hours: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Sundays to Thursdays (except during the month of Ramadan)
Telephone: +965 1828225 Ext. 4189, 4395 and 4402