The Australian College of Kuwait has always been committed to ensure the academic progress of its students, especially during the current circumstances of COVID-19. Ideally, universities implement e-learning, where appropriate, to support the achievement of their goals in providing student-centered learning experiences that are flexible, responsive, effective and meet the needs of all learners and partners.
The unexpected health pandemic caused by COVID-19 expedited the process of adopting e-learning and allowed the College to implement it within a short timeframe. Following PUC’s approval, ACK has adopted e-learning since Spring 2019-2020.
E-learning promotes an active and student-centered approach that nourishes students’ skills. Through e-learning, students are empowered to utilize the available e-materials and e-library provided by the College and can make good use of the simulation and the virtual reality tools and laboratories.
Students will need a laptop/desktop/tablet, an internet connection and study materials.
For Microsoft Teams requirements:
- Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox. However, Firefox does not fully support Microsoft Teams meetings.
- Compatible with Android phones and tablets. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. For the best experience with Microsoft Teams, use the latest version of iOS and Android.
- MyLMS (Moodle) is the main platform utilized to share the courses materials with the students, conduct online assessments in various forms (exams, quizzes, assignments, etc.), send official announcements and many other functions. To access MyLMS Students’ Guide, please follow the link.
- Microsoft Teams is a communication tool that allows the College to directly connect with students, conduct virtual lectures, meetings, presentations, live discussions, etc. To access MS Teams Students’ Guide, please follow the link.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser is a secure browser for taking exams and quizzes in myLMS (Moodle). To access Respondus Students’ Guide, please follow the link.
Student’s Netiquette Guide for Distance Learning (E-Learning) to access the Netiquette Guide, please follow the link.
Please be informed that all the College’s policies and procedures apply to you when you are studying online with ACK. These policies and procedures are available on ACK Portal. Whenever necessary, we will inform you of any updates to these policies through your official student email account.
Attendance will be monitored and logged by each course instructor.
You are required to have your web-cameras on throughout the duration of the live teaching sessions.
- It is important that you never share your login authentications of username and password with another person.
- Remember to always log-out when you are done.
- All the contents posted on these online platforms are the sole property of ACK. It is very important that you familiarize yourselves with the College’s Intellectual Property Policy and Copyright Policy.
- You are required to have your web-cameras on throughout the duration of the live teaching sessions, otherwise you are marked absent from the class.
- During any online assessment session, you are expected to have your cameras and microphones switched on throughout the duration of the exam for identity and integrity verification purposes and to record your performance during the exam. Failure to do so is considered a breach to the College’s Code of Academic Integrity and will be handled accordingly.
- Misusing the College’s online resources includes but is not limited to the following:
- Uploading, downloading, reviewing, and running any material not related to the coursework. This material may include games, files, scripts, dynamic link libraries, videos, etc.;
- Sharing materials such as but not limited to PowerPoint Presentations and/or Videos with another person not in your class;
- Using the chatting facilities built within these online platforms for social chatting or posting any inappropriate message;
- Recording of lectures’ live chats or students’ group discussions without the permission of the instructor or the students’ group members;
- Taking pictures or making videos of the lectures without prior written consent;
- Breaches to the College’s Code of Conduct Policy and Procedure.
- Any misuse of the College’s online resources is strictly prohibited and is considered a violation of the College’s policies and procedures which could lead to disciplinary measures such as denying access to the online system and failing the semester.
- Always remember, if ever in doubt of what constitutes a misuse, please consult your instructor.
- For any inquiries about your academic progress please contact your advisor.
- To know more details about your classes email your instructor directly.
- For any enrollment, withdrawals, TWIMC or general issues/questions where you might not know exactly who to refer to, contact email@example.com
- For non-academic related questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For online research sources inquiries contact email@example.com
- For more information on fees required and payment plan contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Alumni and Career Placement Center contact email@example.com
- For any new potential student inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For graduation paperwork questions contact email@example.com
- For more information regarding student funded by PUC or any other entities or regarding social allowance contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For student support and counselling contact StudentSupportCenter@ack.edu.kw
- For online tutoring assistance contact email@example.com
- For IT assistance regarding passwords, MyLMS or Microsoft Teams issues contact Helpdesk@ack.edu.kw
- Alumni Message 2nd of July 2020
- ACK Instructors & Students Feedback on Distance Learning (E-learning) 11th of June 2020
- Teaching & Learning “Congratulations Message” 7th of June 2020
- Live Glimpse of ACK Spring Semester 2019/2020 Distance Learning (E-Learning) Classes 11th of May 2020
- ACK Students’ E-Learning Diaries 1st of May 2020
- Distance Learning E-Learning) Platforms 17th of April 2020
- Teaching & Learning Manger Message “E-Learning Studying Tips” 16th of April 2020
- ACK President’s Announcement “Distance Learning E-learning)” 12th of April 2020
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams 6th of April 2020