Change of Program (Major) rules (Diploma and English Language students only)
Throughout their study, students may find that their interests or abilities may attract them to a different program than they had identified at the time of their application. If you find yourself doubting your initial choice, before initiating a Request to Change of Program, find out the academic and financial implications and talk to your academic advisor.
Students seeking to change programs can take one of two paths:
- Transfer (çinsert as link to Clause 3.1.1 of Change of Program policy)
- Second Time Applicant (çinsert as link to Clause 3.1.2 of Change of Program policy)
How do I apply for Change of Program?
Firstly decide which of the above paths you wish to take to change program.
If applying to Transfer (çinsert as link to Clause 3.1.1 of Change of Program policy) to a new program of study, a Change of Program Request Form (çinsert as link) must be filled.
If applying as a Second-time applicant (çinsert as link to Clause 3.1.2 of Change of Program policy), a College Withdrawal Form (çinsert as link) must be filled. You need to visit the Admissions Unit and an Officer will assist you in the process of applying as a Second-time applicant.
- Students must meet the admission requirements for the new program at the time of their application.
- Students are responsible to pay any additional fees that may result from the change of program.
- Students need to clear all outstanding amounts owed to the College and remove all holds on their records before submitting an application to change programs.
- “Incomplete” grade from a previous semester is changed to fail if not completed within the required timeframes announced by the College.
- A student may apply for Leave of Absence for a subsequent semester by submitting another set of required documentation before the first day of classes.
- A student is not eligible to apply for a Leave of Absence if there is an ongoing disciplinary investigation involving him/her.
Is my request to Change Program guaranteed?
All requests are subject to the availability of a place in the new program and approval in writing from the relevant Dean of School. Students must be able to demonstrate that they can successfully complete the academic requirements of the new program. For sponsored students, approvals from the relevant sponsors are also required.
Can I apply for a Change of Program if I am a sponsored student?
Change of Program requests from sponsored students (including PUC) also need the approval of the relevant sponsor. Inquiries should be directed to the Scholarship Unit.
PUC sponsored students who seek to change programs are bound by relevant PUC regulations including:
- Students must have studied at least one semester in the diploma program for which they originally enrolled in.
- Students cannot apply for a change of program beyond their second semester of study in the Diploma program they originally enrolled.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.67 or higher. Students who are admitted with disabilities and/or learning differences as per the terms of Students with Disability and/or learning differences Policy and Procedure may apply for a change of program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- All requests for changing program must be approved by the PUC.