What Are Admission Requirements?
Australian College of Kuwait (ACK) has unique array of academic opportunities and experiences. Find out about ACK's undergraduate admission requirements and what you will need to present based on your academic background. Learn about specific program requirements, English language requirements, transfer credit information and important application dates and deadlines.
Applications for the Spring semester of the Academic Year 2017/2018 will be accepted during the below periods. Classes will commence on 21 January 2018.
|Diploma||1 November – 21 December 2017.|
|Degree||19 November – 30 November 2017.|
|Readmission||3 December - 7 December 2017. Any student inactive for one semester or more, or students who did not register last semester are invited to apply in person|
|Transfer Students||26 November – 30 November 2017. Students who have previously studied/graduated elsewhere are invited to apply in person|
Any queries should be directed our Admissions team via telephone 1828225 ext. 4338 between 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Sunday to Thursday or by email email@example.com
- High School Certificate:
|High School System||Equivalency Letter||Minimum Requirement – Engineering & Aviation||Minimum Requirement – Business|
|Government and Arabic Private Schools system||Not required||65%||60%|
|American system||Required ||2.25||2.00|
|Bilingual system||Required ||2.25||2.00|
|British system||Required ||6 IGCSE with minimum of “D” ||6 IGCSE with minimum of “D” |
|Graduates from outside of Kuwait||Required ||65% / 2.25||60% / 2.00|
- Engineering and Aviation applicants must hold a Science section Secondary School Certificate which includes a pass grade in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Ministry of Education Arabic and Religious Studies may each substitute for an IGCSE.
- For Government and Arabic Private School Graduates:
- One true copy of the High School Certificate in Arabic authenticated by the Ministry of Education.
- One true copy of the High School Certificate in English authenticated by the Ministry of Education.
- For Foreign Private School Graduates (British, American, Indian, Pakistani, etc.) and Graduates from outside of Kuwait:
- One copy of the High School Transcript.
- One original Equivalency Letter issued by the Private Education Department addressed to the Australian College of Kuwait.
- Valid passport copy (including residency page for non-Kuwaitis).
- Valid civil ID copy.
- One photograph (4x6).
- All applicants must register for the Admissions English Test that is administered by ACK or submit one of the following certificates:
|English Levels||OOPT® Total|
|ACK English I - 25hr||20 - 34|
|ACK English I - 18hr||35 - 54|
|ACK English II||55 - 69|
|Direct Entry||70 +|
|English Levels||IELTS® Average Score|
|ACK English I 25hrs||3.0 – 3.5|
|ACK English I 18hrs||4.0 – 4.5|
|ACK English II||5.0|
For Business Degree Programs: Applicants must hold an ACK or Box Hill College Diploma in the same major as the Degree program applied for. With the exception of Human Resources Diploma graduates who are given a pathway into Bachelor of Business (Management).
For Engineering Degree Programs: Applicants must hold an ACK Diploma in the same major as the Degree program applied for. With the exception of Aviation Diploma graduates who are given a pathway into Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Mechanical) or (Electronics and Controls)
All students admitted into the following Degrees are enrolled at the Australian College of Kuwait and Cape Breton University, Canada:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electronics and Controls)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Petroleum)
All students admitted into the following Degrees are enrolled at the Australian College of Kuwait in programs endorsed by Central Queensland University, Australia:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil)
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Business Marketing
All applicants must complete an online ACK Degree Application Form. (English spelling of your name should be exactly as it is written in your passport)
*Non-refundable Degree application fee of KD50 is to be paid to ACK at the time of application submission.
For PUC Degree applications please check the scholarship section.
Students admitted to ACK are expected to maintain continuous registration until they graduate. A student who does not register for any Fall or Spring semester and does not defer his/her studies as per ACK’s Student Deferral Policy (ACK.PL.AR.205) must apply for readmission. Readmission is granted only once.
Students eligible to apply for readmission
- At the time of making application, a student must meet the minimum admissions requirements.
- Students seeking readmission in a Diploma or Degree program must have only one semester of unexcused leave of absence and a Cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Students who elect to completely withdraw from the College as per ACK’s Student Withdrawal Policy (ACK.PL.AR.212) can apply for readmission provided they have a Cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Eligible applicants who desire a change of major must meet the change of major requirements at the time of making application.
- Readmission application dates are published on the ACK website and eligible applicants must submit an application during the advertised period.
- Readmission is not automatic and is not guaranteed.
- A non-refundable readmission application fee must accompany all applications.
Exclusion from readmission
- Diploma and Degree students who left ACK with a Cumulative GPA of less than 2.00 cannot apply for readmission.
- Foundation students who failed the same Foundation level twice and in the next semester became dormant cannot apply for readmission.
Any queries regarding Readmission should be directed to one of our Admissions team via telephone (+965) 1828225 ext. 4338 between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm Sunday to Thursday or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are eligible to apply as a Transfer Applicant if you meet the following conditions:
- Completed units at an institution accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in the State of Kuwait;
- Have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.00;
- Units to be considered for credit are a minimum “B” grade and were completed no more than six years ago at time of making the application.
Submission of Transfer Applications
- Applications are only accepted during the Acceptance of Transfer Students Applications period published on the ACK website. Late applications are not accepted.
- Transfer applicants must submit an official SEALED transcript from each institution where units were attempted.
- 30 credits is the maximum number of transfer credits that a student can be granted in a given Diploma qualification. Any exceptions to this need to be approved by the Office of the Vice President – Academic Affairs.
- Credit Transfer applications are subject to a non-refundable KD10 per unit regardless of the outcome of the application. Fees are payable at the Registration counter at time of submission of application.
- Applications are subject to evaluation; applicants should not assume any credits will be granted.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all required documentation in the required timelines and pay the required fees. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Required documents for applying for credit transfer are:
- Completed ACK Application Form
- Completed Credit Transfer Form
- Sealed Original Transcript of Study
- Unit Outlines
Credit Transfers are GPA neutral and students granted credit can opt to take the units as normal. Students should inform their decision to the College no later than the first week of the semester.
Any queries regarding Transfer applications should be directed to one of our Admissions team via telephone (+965) 1828225 ext. 4338 between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm Sunday to Thursday or by email email@example.com
How & When Do I Apply?
Australian College of Kuwait (ACK) provides more than just degree programs. We are committed to providing access to education for anyone who wants to learn fundamentals and upgrade their skills.