The Mechanical Engineering Department seeks to be recognized as a leader for outstanding education and research leading to highly qualified engineers who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in various fields of mechanical engineering
- To impart highest quality education to the students to build their capacity and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To maintain state of the art research facilities to provide collaborative environment that stimulates faculty, staff and students with opportunities to create, analyze, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop alliances with national research organizations, educational institutions, industry and alumni for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- To provide the students with academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethical guidelines and lifelong learning needed for a long productive career.
- Recruit and retain outstanding faculty members.
- Maintain high standards of Mechanical Engineering education through outstanding teaching, advanced curricula, and training that reflect the needs of society.
- Improve undergraduate laboratories and classrooms.
- Attract highly motivated students with enthusiasm and interest in Mechanical Engineering department.
- Pursue excellence in research and develop more collaborative research programs.