Dr. Mortadha Al Saba
Qualification: PhD in Petroleum Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology, USA
- Prevention and Mitigation of Lost Circulation Events
- Laboratory Evaluation of Wellbore Strengthening Techniques
- Drilling Fluid Design and Optimization
- Environmental Friendly Drilling Fluid Additives Development
- Application of Nanoparticles in improving drilling fluids
- Alsaba, M., Nygaard, R., Saasen, A., and Nes, O. 2016. “Experimental Investigation of Fracture Width Limitations of Granular Lost Circulation Treatments”. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. DOI: 10.1007/s13202-015-0225-3.
- Contreras, O., Alsaba, M., Hareland, G., Husein, M., and Nygaard, R. 2016. “Effect on Fracture Pressure by adding Nanoparticles to a Non- Aqueous drilling fluid for permeable formations”. Journal of Energy Resources Technology. JERT-15-1189. DOI: 10.1115/1.4032542.
- Rahimi, R., Alsaba, M., Nygaard, R. 2016. “Analysis of analytical fracture models for wellbore strengthening applications: An experimental approach” Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. Volume 36, Part A, November 2016, Pages 865–874.
- Alsaba, M., Al Dushaishi, M., Nygaard, R., Nes, O., and Saasen, A. 2017. “Updated Criterion to Select Particle Size Distribution of Lost Circulation Materials for an Effective Fracture Sealing”. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. Volume 149, 20 January 2017, Pages 641–648.
- Aldhaheri, M., Wei, M., Bai, B., Alsaba, M., 2017. “Development of machine learning methodology for polymer gels screening for injection wells”. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. Volume 151, March 2017, Pages 77–93.