English Language Program Students Taking OOPT Examination Procedure
This procedure sets out the processes to be followed for the administration of the OOPT examination for the English Language Program students at the end of each semester, for the purpose of moving to the higher level or skipping English Language levels.
This procedure is applicable to ACK English 1 and ACK English 2 students only.
CONTROL OF PROCESS
- Each semester, it is the responsibility of the English Language Department to inform current ACK English 1 and ACK English 2 students of the following:
- The opportunity to take the OOPT examination at the end of the semester for the purpose of moving to the higher level, skipping an English Language level or gaining direct entry into a Diploma;
- The method of contacting students to take the OOPT examination, including date students will be notified;
- The date to register for the OOPT examination and associated fee; and
- The scheduled dates of the OOPT examinations.
- Taking the OOPT examination is optional and based on the request of the student.
- After final exams, the English Language Department via email will contact ACK English 1 and ACK English 2 students. The correspondence will state that taking the OOPT examination is optional and an associated fee must be paid. The Admissions Unit and Manager - Admissions & Registration are to be copied on this correspondence.
- English Language Department will provide the Manager - Admissions & Registration with the list of students eligible to take the OOPT exam.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check their ACK email account and register on time for the OOPT examination at the Admissions Unit prior to the scheduled OOPT examination date.
- At the time of registering for the OOPT examination, a student must pay the associated fee of KD 25 (non-refundable) at the Registration Unit Counter.
- After the OOPT examination, the Admissions Officer administering the examination will inform the student of their score and whether, based on the student’s OOPT score, they can register in classes for the applicable ACK English Language level or Diploma for the forthcoming semester.
- On the same day as the OOPT examination, for students who achieved a higher score, the Admissions Officer will submit an online request to the Registration MIS unit to amend the student’s SIS record.
- If a student did not achieve a sufficient OOPT score to move to a higher level, skip an ACK English Language level, or gain entry into Diploma, they will remain in the ACK English Language level according to their progress.
- Admissions Officer will record all OOPT scores in the students’ SIS records (under the Notes tab), regardless of the results.
- Admissions Officer will save the OOPT result in digital format on the SIS.
- Office of the Dean – Admissions & Registration will inform the English Language Department of the outcome of the OOPT examination.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- OOPT: Refers to the Oxford Online Placement Test: https://www.oxfordenglishtesting.com
- SIS: Student Information System utilized by ACK.
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.