Name change procedure

The Registration Unit processes name changes for all currently enrolled students.


Students may request a name change in one of two ways:

  1. In Person: Name changes may be requested in person at the Registration Unit counter (Ground Floor, Building 1).  Requests submitted in person require an ACK Student ID and specific legal documentation as outlined below.
  2. By Email: Name changes may be requested by email to  Appropriate legal documentation should be attached.

Acceptable types of legal documentation:

The type of legal documentation to include with your request depends upon the type of name change you are requesting.

  • Passport: For changes to English spelling of name.
  • Civil ID: For changes to Arabic spelling of name.

Note:  Students are requested to immediately notify the Registration Unit for a change of name due to a spelling error.