First Degree Relative Discount Policy and Procedure
To set conditions for the first degree relative discount offered at ACK.
The first degree relative discount applies when there are two or more self-funded, full-time registered students from the same family studying simultaneously at ACK or first degree relatives of staff members of ACK or Center for Child Evaluation and Teaching (CCET).
- The first degree relative discount rate will be determined by the Board of Trustees. The current rate is 10% of the fees and is applied to any first degree relative of an existing student or staff member of ACK or Centre for Child Evaluation and Teaching (CCET) who are simultaneously registered as full time students at ACK or studying the needed units to graduate in a given semester. To qualify for discount all first degree relatives must be self-funded students.
- All students qualifying under this policy will have the right to pay the discounted fees in six (6) equal monthly instalments. The first instalment will fall due 30 days after the first day of the semester. This clause shall not apply to any summer school fees which must be paid under the College’s normal payment terms after the application of the discount in Clause 3.1 above.
CONTROL OF PROCESS
For initial enrolments
- The Application Form for new students includes a section to identify that first degree relatives are current students and or employees at ACK. It is the responsibility of intending students to record this information including the student ID of any first degree relatives already at ACK. The same shall apply to existing members of staff and the intending student should list their name and position in the college.
- When Admissions staff members enter enrolment details onto PowerCampus, a check is to be made to verify existing first degree relatives that may be students at the college or if it is a staff member then to verify that staff member with HR, and record this in the relevant field. A special tag is to be noted on the student record in the event of any subsequent reduction in load or withdrawal in which case the first degree relative discount is no longer available.
- ACK Finance Department will calculate the appropriate discount amount and revise the fees accordingly.
- At the commencement of each semester the Admissions and Registration Manager will arrange for a report identifying continuing students with fulltime first degree relatives also at ACK.
- Admissions and Registration Manager will confirm to the Finance Department the details of continuing students who are eligible for the first degree relatives’ discount.
- The Finance Department will calculate the appropriate discount amount and revise the fees accordingly.
- In the event that the first degree relative withdraws or reduces below a fulltime load, or the staff member leaves employment with the college, the first degree relative discount no longer is available. When altering the registration details for any student, Registration staff will identify whether any first degree relative discount is currently being received and if so a notification is to be forwarded to the Finance Department.
- Upon receipt of advice from the Registration Unit of any student change of enrolment below fulltime, the Finance Department will adjust the fees and notify the student accordingly.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- First Degree Relative: is one of the following brother, sister, parent, offspring or spouse.
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.