Make sure you report concerns, incidents, and near missed as soon as possible. It is essential information for the College and helps keep everyone safe.
WHAT IS AN INCIDENT REPORT?
An incident report is an official recording of the facts related to an incident on the workplace. An incident is broadly defined as any event or accident that leads to personnel injury or damage to equipment or property. Incidents also include events or accidents that have the potential to cause harm, or in other words, near misses.
THE IMPORTANCE OF INCIDENT REPORTING
- Prevent more serious accidents.
- Improve other health & safety measures in the workplace.
- Boost overall well-being.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF INCIDENTS THAT NEED REPORTING?
- Unexpected events: An unplanned, undesired event that adversely affects completion of a task. Examples include but are not limited to slips, trips, and falls, vehicle accidents, and fire.
- Near misses: Any unexpected incident, accident, or situation that had the potential to cause harm to employees or damage to college property, but no harm or damage occurred.
- Accidents: An undesired event that results in a personal injury or property damage.
If you are unsure whether the event needs to be reported, always report the situation anyhow.
WHEN DO YOU NEED TO REPORT AN INCIDENT?
An incident report should be completed as soon as possible after the incident happens or within a reasonable time frame. By reasonable, it means those involved in or had witnessed the incident or event should still be able to recall the details of what happened with clarity to complete the incident report.
HOW TO REPORT AN INCIDENT
- Using this online form
- Reporting the incident to the Clinic.
- Sending an e-mail: email@example.com.
- Calling H&S Officer at 96960486 or clinic extension number 6666 to report the spotted incident.
HOW TO REPORT MEDICAL INJURIES
To report a medical injury, any member of the College should follow one of the below methods:
- Press ‘clinic’ button on the emergency red phones around campus.
- Call the Clinic’s emergency mobile number: 96600310.
- If the Clinic is closed and there is no after hour medical emergency services, call Kuwait’s Emergency Phone Number of Police, Ambulance and Fire Services: 112.