ACK employees are our most valuable asset and mainstay of our organizational sustainability. We are committed to creating a vibrant and efficient work environment that supports diversity and inclusiveness.
We aim to create a virtuous circle in which all employees have a shared vision and synergy, contributing to the college objectives showcased in their work to create a successful track record, and this sense of accomplishment and growth further encourages them to take on the challenge of playing a leading role in realizing this vision. We work to facilitate a vibrant workplace for employees to thrive on a variety of challenges, achieving an energetic corporate culture which makes employees want to stretch and push themselves.
We strive to build and foster a lively, exciting, and healthy working culture based on mutual respect for diverse opinions and good communications and teamwork. Upon joining ACK, an employee can expect career nourishing experience where career paths are defined, employee recognition is utmost and professional development opportunities are defined and executed. For all of these reasons and more, ACK is recognized and accredited by the Investors in People organization, which is a mark in high performance in organizational people management.
Vision and Mission
Human Resources Mission Statement
The Human Resources department strives to become a pro-active business partner for all ACK departments & provide the best working environment for ACK employees.
Linking HR Strategic Initiatives to ACK Strategy Our HR strategic initiatives are aligned to the ACK Strategic Plan Pillar 4. Inclusion, Well-being, and Engagement and to Goal 4.1 Unlock Human Potential with the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Maintain and recruit highly qualified faculty and staff with strong teaching and research capabilities according to international standards.
- Objective 2: Expand activities for share management and personal growth and broader engagement.
- Objective 3: Develop talent strategies for all stages of employee progression.
Function 1: Employee Relations
- Build a corporate culture expressed in mission and value statements and reinforced by communications, professional development, and performance management processes.
- Optimize organization structure that is congruent with strategy and leverages our human capital potential to realize defined goals and objectives.
- Job design includes building roles, establishing and clarifying responsibilities and competency requirements.
- Performance Management enables Line Managers to outline areas of improvement and provide constructive feedback through the assessment of competencies.
- Enhance and develop the inherent capabilities of our employees – their contributions and potential by providing learning and continuous development opportunities.
Function 2: Recruitment
- Attract candidates with multi-dimensional skills and experiences that suit the present and future organizational strategies.
- Workforce Planning to assess future business needs and deciding on the numbers and types of people required.
Function 3: Payroll
- Processing payroll, overtime, and separation payments.
- Absence Management: Maintain different types of leave balances.
- Staff Medical Insurance claims and reimbursement.
Function 4: Government Relations
- Issuance and renewal of work permits and residency visas for all current employees.
- Facilitate work permit transfer and residency visas or cancellation when employees leave the organization.
- Ensure Kuwaitization percentage requirement is fulfilled.
Links to Career Web Page
Centralized HR email