Open Flame and Burning Materials Policy
Reduce risk of the dangers associated with open flames and other heat sources in the workplace.
This policy applies to all ACK buildings and glass tent areas.
- Open flames and other heat sources in the workplace, including but not limited to oil lamps, incense (charcoal lit, stick, and cone incense) candles, and anyother item that requires combustion, is strictly forbidden for use inside all college facilities.
- Alternatively, there are various forms of scent enhancing products that do not require open flames to activate, such as, plug-ins, reed diffusers, and others.
- All students, employees, and visitors are expected to adhere to this policy for their safety and the safety of the general public.
- In case of violators spotted, ACK community is to report violation to Health & Safety. Reporting may be done verbally or by emailing the Health and Safety Helpdesk at: email@example.com
- Persons engaging in using open-flame products in violation of this policy will be reported from H&S to the following designated officials:
- For staff: Human Resources Department
- For students: Student Affairs Department
- For contractors: Health and Safety Department
- For visitors: Security Department
- No person who makes a complaint of a violation of this policy or who furnishes information concerning a violation of this policy shall be retaliated against in any manner.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- Burning materials/ heat sources: including but not limited to oil lamps, incense (charcoal lit, stick, and cone incense) candles, and any other item that requires combustion.
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.