Qualification: Master’s degree in TESOL & Applied Linguistics, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Second language motivation
- Second language identity investment & development
- Second language acquisition/learning in sojourning contexts
- Social psychology of language
- Ontologies of English & World Englishes
- Alshatti, A. The Role of Second Language Motivation in Constructing the Self: An Empirical Study to Investigate the Role of Motivational Trajectories in Negotiating and Constructing Academic Sojourners’ Desired Selves in the UK. Forthcoming 2021.
- Alshatti, A. Can Linguistic Show-off Promote Social Status and Solidarity? An Explanatory Study of the Arabic-English Code-switching in Kuwaiti Social Domains. In Review.