Dr. Loris Serafino
Qualification: PhD in Economics, Ecology and Preservation of Agricultural and Landscape Environmental Systems, University of Udine, Italy
- Serafino L. "Abiogenesis as a theoretical challenge: Some reflections." Journal of Theoretical Biology. Volume 402, 7 August 2016, Pages 18–20.
- Serafino L. "Optimizing without derivatives: what does the no free lunch theorem actually say?". Notices Amer. Math. Soc. 61 (2014), pp. 750-755.
- Ghezzo F., Serafino L., Ji C., Liu R., “Surrogate-based techniques for the design of frequency selective surfaces and metamaterials”. PIERS in Electromagnetics Conference, Guangzhou, August 2014.
- Ghezzo F., Serafino L., Ji C., Liu R., “Surrogate Modeling Techniques for Frequency-Selective Surfaces and Metamaterials Design” 2014 Asia-Pacific Conference of Antennas and Propagation, Harbin, China, 26-29 July 2014.
- Serafino L., “No Free Lunch Theorem and Bayesian probability theory: two sides of the same coin. Some implications for black-box optimization and metaheuristics”. CoRR abs/1311.6041 (2013)
- Serafino L., "Towards a New Conceptualization of the Optimization Process: Actor-Network Theory Approach," International Journal of Modeling and Optimization vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 103-108, 2012.
- Serafino L. (2011) Between theory and practice: guidelines for an optimization scheme with genetic algorithms - Part I: single-objective continuous global optimization preprint on arXiv:1112.4323 (December 2011).
- Serafino L, Fabbro S. (2008) “Who doesn’t innovate will be lost” – A Critical Analysis of a Regional Economic Vision. Italian Archive of Urban and Regional Studies, N. 93. DOI: 10.3280/ASUR2008-093002.
- Serafino L. (2008) The criminogenic landscape, Bulletin of the Italian Geographical Association, ROMA - Serie XIII, vol. I (2008), pp. 887-896.
- Tubaro G., Piccinini L. C., Serafino L., Iseppi L., “Preservation of centrality in rural areas, Agribusinnes, Landscape and Environment, Vol. IX (2005), n. 1, March 2006. ISSN 1594-784X.