Prof. Martin Jaeger
Professor / Senior Manager - Project Based Learning
Professor / Senior Manager - Project Based Learning
Qualification: Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Wuppertal, Germany
- Engineering Education
- Project Management related challenges
- Construction Management
- Jaeger, M. 1996 Ethikmanagement – effektiver als die reine Kontrolle durch den Staat (Business Ethics Management – more effective than solemn control by governments), Bauwirtschaft (construction economy, journal) 11/96, 12ff.
- Diederichs, C.J. and Jaeger, M. 1997 Integratives Management konkret (Integrative Management in detail), Bauwirtschaft (construction economy, journal) 3/97, 35ff.
- Diederichs, C.J., Jaeger, M. and Ziegler, F. 1999 Sechs Jahre IQ-Bau (Six Years Institute of Construction Management), Bauwirtschaft (construction economy, journal) 4/99. Wiesbaden: Bauverlag.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2010 Human Factors Simulation for Construction Management Education. European Journal of Engineering Education, 35/3, 299-310.
- Adair, D., Jaeger, M. and Stegen, J. 2011 A Comparison of Two Approaches when Teaching Object-Oriented Programming to Novices. International Journal of Engineering Education, 27/5, 1027-1036.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2012 Communication Simulation in Construction Management Education: Evaluating Learning Effectiveness, Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 18/1, 1-14.
- Jaeger, M., Adair, D. and Al-Qudah, S. 2013 MBNQA criteria used in the GCC countries, The TQM Journal, 25/2, 110-123.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2013 Cross Cultural Construction Project Management in the GCC Countries: A Local Perspective on Western Project Parties, International Journal of Construction Project Management, 5/1, 67-83.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2013 Ethics Concepts During a Student’s Final Year Project in the Middle East, Journal of Modern Education Review, 3/2, 243-263.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2013 The Organizational Culture of Project Managers within the Gulf Cooperation Countries, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 20/5, 461-473.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2013 A Scoring Method Based on Simple Probability Theory which Considers Partial Knowledge and Omission of Answers in Multiple-Choice Testing, International Journal of Engineering Education, 29/4, 1-12.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2013 A scoring method based on simple probability theory that considers partial knowledge and omission of answers in multiple-choice testing, International Journal of Engineering Education, 29 (4) 974-985.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Integration of Computational Fluid Dynamics into a Fluid Mechanics Course, Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 22/1, 131-141.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2014 The Influence of Student Interest, Ability and Personal Situation on Student Perception of a Problem-Based Learning Environment, European Journal of Engineering Education, 39/1, 84-96.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Making Engineering Mathematics More Relevant Using a Computer Algebra System, International Journal of Engineering Education, 30/1, 1-11.
- Adair, D. , Bakenov, Z. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Building on a Traditional Chemical Engineering Curriculum using Computational Fluid Dynamics, Education for Chemical Engineers, 9(4), e85-e93.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Course Development: Integrated Design, Manufacturing and Testing, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 42/1, 61-72
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Application of Evidence Theory to Construction Projects, The International Journal of the Constructed Environment, 4/4, 25-34.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 An eLearning System for Numerical Methods, International Journal of Excellence in Education, 6/1, 1-10.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2014 Electronic Project Simulation in Construction Management Education: eLearning as a Means to Improve Simulation, International Journal of Excellence in Education, 6/1, 1-7.
- Adair, D., Emara-Shabaik, H. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Developing a monitoring system for long-distance pipeline leakage incorporating fusion of conflicting evidences, Int. J. of Process Systems Engineering, 2/4, 291-302.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Evaluation of Model for Air Pollution in the Vicinity of Roadside Solid Barriers. Energy and Environmental Engineering, 2/7, 145 - 152. doi: 10.13189/eee.2014.020702.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2014 Managing the interdisciplinary approach to engineering design, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 42/2, 175-184.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2015 Developing an Understanding of the Steps Involved in Solving Navier–Stokes Equations, The Mathematica Journal. dx.doi.org/doi:10.3888/tmj.17-8.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2015 “Incorporating Computational Fluid Dynamics Code Development into an Undergraduate Engineering Course.”International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, Vol. 43, pp. 153-167. DOI: 10.1177/0306419015591325
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2015 Simulation of tapered rotating beams with centrifugal stiffening using the Adomian decomposition method, Applied Mathematical Modelling, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2015.09.097
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2015 “Using an Evidential Reasoning (ER) Approach for Portfolio Assessments in a Project-Based Learning Engineering Design Course.” European Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 40(6), pp. 638-652.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2016 Perception of TQM Benefits, Practices and Obstacles - The Case of Project Managers and Quality Management Representatives in Kuwait, The TQM Journal, 28:2, pp. 317-336.
- Gerges, M., Ahiakwo, O., Jaeger, M., and Asaad, A. 2016 Building Information Modeling and Its Application in the State of Kuwait. International Science Index 109, International Journal of Civil, Environmental, Structural, Construction and Architectural Engineering, 10(1), 81 - 86.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2016 Incorporating Critical Thinking into an Engineering Undergraduate Learning Environment, International Journal of Higher Education Vol. 5, No. 2., 23-39.
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2016 Time pressure in scenario based online construction safety quizzes and its effect on students’ performance, European Journal of Engineering Education, DOI: 10.1080/03043797.2016.1153042
- Jaeger, M. and Adair, D. 2016 Students’ Questions as an Indicator for Embracing a Problem-Based Learning Environment – Case Study, Academia Journal of Educational Research 4(12): XXX-XXX, December 2016
- Zhunussova, M., Jaeger, M. & Adair, D. 2017 Application of CFD modelling to air quality in Kuwait City, Environ Fluid Mech, 17(2), 395-413. doi:10.1007/s10652-016-9497-5
- Michael Gerges, Steve Austin, Mohammad Mayouf, Ograbe Ahiakwo, Martin Jaeger, Amr Saad, Tamer-El Gohary 2017 An investigation into the implementation of Building Information Modeling in the Middle East. Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon), Vol. 22, pg. 1-15, http://www.itcon.org/2017/1
- Jaeger, M., Adair, D., Al-Mughrabi, A. and Reda, Mona 2017 Impact of Sequencing Hands-on and Theory in a Concrete Structures Design Course, International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 33, No. 1(A), 175-186
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2017 "Aggregating Student Peer Assessment During Capstone Projects." INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING EDUCATION 33, no. 1: 216-224.
- Adair, D. and Jaeger, M. 2017 Aspects of Input Shaping Control of Flexible Mechanical Systems, The Mathematica Journal, dx.doi.org/doi:10.3888/tmj.19-3.