The purpose of the policy is to establish clear, consistent principles and guidelines for the readmission process.
This policy applies to Foundation Skills Program, Diploma and Degree program readmission applicants.
- Students admitted to ACK are expected to maintain continuous registration until they graduate. A student who does not register for any Fall or Spring semester and does not defer his/her studies as per ACK’s Student Deferral Policy (ACK.PL.AR.205) must apply for readmission. Readmission is granted only once.
Students eligible to apply for readmission
- At the time of making application, a student must meet the minimum admissions requirements specified in the Admissions Policy (ACK.PL.AR.101).
- Students seeking readmission in a Diploma or Degree program must have only one semester of unexcused leave of absence and a Cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Students who elect to completely withdraw from the College as per ACK’s Student Withdrawal Policy (ACK.PL.AR.212) can apply for readmission provided they have a Cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Eligible applicants who desire a change of major must meet the change of major requirements at the time of making application.
- Readmission application dates are published on the ACK website and eligible applicants must submit an application during the advertised period. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Readmission is not automatic and is not guaranteed.
- A non-refundable readmission application fee must accompany all applications.
Exclusion from readmission
- Diploma and Degree students who left ACK with a Cumulative GPA of less than 2.00 cannot apply for readmission.
- Foundation students who failed the same Foundation level twice and in the next semester became dormant cannot apply for readmisision.
- Students who were previously in a Foundation program must take the OOPT or submit a valid IELTS or TOEFL Certificate.
- Applications for readmissions are reviewed individually.
- Decisions to readmit a student are based upon certain factors such as:
- previous academic record;
- reasons for not previously continuing studies;
- student’s potential for successfully completing the qualification;
- available capacity.
- For students who previously commenced a Degree program and have no graded results recorded, the graduating Diploma GPA will be considered for readmission purposes.
- If students are readmitted, their previous grades will carry over provided there are no changes to the curriculum shown on their previous academic record.
- Any appeals for decisions under this policy must be submitted directly to the Dean, who may grant exceptions under extenuating circumstances.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- OOPT: Refers to the Oxford Online Placement Test: www.oxfordenglishtesting.com
- IELTS: Refers to the International English Language Testing System.
- TOEFL: Refers to Test of English as a Foreign Language.
- PUC: Refers to Private Universities Council.
- Dormant Student: Refers to a continuing student who failed to register and did not submit a Semester Deferral Form or College Withdrawal Form.
- OWTH: Is the PowerCampus status code used when a student is Officially Withdrawn.
- WDNR: Is the PowerCampus status code used for Dormant students.
- Readmission Application Form (ACK.FO.AR.102.01) System Generated
- Readmission Approval Form (ACK.FO.AR.102.02) System Generated
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.