An academic hold is an action used by the College to prevent students from registering for classes, receiving grades, and releasing student records, including Testamurs and Academic Transcripts.
A student may be placed on Academic Hold (Stop List):
- If s/he fails to meet their financial obligations to the College on time as required by ACK fee payment schedules.
- If s/he has outstanding debts from previous semesters.
A student put on Academic Hold shall not:
- Receive a “To Whom It May Concern Letter” or any other official document/application from the Deanship of Admissions and Registration.
- Receive official grades(1) or transcripts for their studies.
- Be able to register in any further units.
- Be able to graduate.
An academic hold shall remain in effect until a student’s financial obligations to the College are cleared.
(1) Students will not be able to view official grades released by the Deanship of Admissions & Registration.