- Provide networking support with industry in the community allowing the College to develop strong industry partnerships.
- Provide input and recommendations to the College from an industry perspective as well as supporting the College’s strategic directions in terms of academic programs and partnerships.
- Review the program educational objectives to ensure that they meet the industrial needs.
- Evaluate strengths, merits, and weaknesses of the current curriculum in the context of the School of Engineering mission and program educational objectives.
- Provide recommendations to the School of Engineering on all matters related to the curriculum to improve the relationship between academic and professional practices.
- Review student performances relative to the program outcomes from an industrial point of view and propose strategies for continuous improvement of the program.
- Help in identifying opportunities for student’s involvement in research and capstone projects.
- Review the School of Engineering activities and plans related to research, consultancy, and short courses and make recommendations.
- Help in identifying opportunities for faculty research and development.
- Facilitate sponsorship of academic and student activities.
- Provide assistance to support and enhance engineering student internships and help in placing students through the working experience program.
- Enhance the visibility of the School of Engineering in the engineering community.
Dr. Mohammed Abdul Niby
Dean – School of Engineering
Dr. Mortadha Alsaba
Head of Petroleum Engineering Department
Dr. Hassan Salti
Head of Electrical Engineering Department
Dr. Sayed Soleimani
Head of Civil Engineering Department
Dr. Fadi Al Khatib
Head of Mechanical Engineering Department
Dr. Ahmad Bani Mustafa
Head of Mathematics & Physics Department
Dr. Ayman Al-Qattan
Renewable Energy Programme Manager
Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR)
Dr. Khaled Albana
Chief Executive Officer
IHS Kuwait Limited
Dr. Otmar Irscheid
Vice President, Mega Projects & Business Development
Advanced Technology Company (ATC)
Dr. Zafer Sakka
Associate Research Scientist
Program of Sustainability and Reliability of Infrastructure - KISR
Eng. Haitham Al-Refaei
Chief Executive Officer
Inshaa Holding Company
Mr. Ahmad Al Otaibi
President and Chief Executive Officer
Petroleum Dynamics Oil & Gas
Mr. Tareq Khalil
Power Grids, Digital Lead and Industries Segment Manager
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Mr. Ahmad Saleh AlJemaz
Kuwait Oil Sector
Mr. Mohamed Shehata
General Manager – Kuwait Branch
Mohamed Abdulrahman Al-Bahar CO. W.L.L
Mr. Ali Mohammad Al-Ajmi
Manager - Technical Services
- The Terms of Reference were reviewed and agreed on.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed with KIPIC.
- Advice was given from the industry regarding launching new academic programs at ACK to meet the needs of the industry.
- Students were supported by conducting internship programs in IAB companies.
- Expanded internship placements. Further opportunities were arranged for ACK students to benefit from internship placements as well as field trips at IAB members’ workplaces.
- International training and employment opportunities. It has now been agreed to provide opportunities for ACK students to undertake internships in IAB member organizations’ international branches and subsidiaries as well as possibilities for recruitment of ACK graduates in their international branches and subsidiaries.
- Guest speaker program. Industry and business experts contributed toward the learning process of ACK students by their support with the weekly guest speaker program to share their professional and career experiences with ACK students and faculty.
- Teaching and learning. Industry feedback regarding ACK interns and alumni in their industries was collected through the Industry Advisory Board committee and subcommittees. This input has been used toward the enhancement of teaching and learning.
- Curriculum. A special exercise was undertaken with industry representatives to receive their feedback concerning the attributes and skills required for entry level positions. This information was then used to review and strengthen ACK curriculum and associated learning outcomes for improved employability of ACK alumni.
- Research. In line with the ACK Research Strategy, further cooperation with industry was made to identify priority areas for research and availability of local facilities and resources for such purposes. Further, support from industry was forthcoming to enable ACK faculty members to expand research as well as potential sources of funding.
- Initiation of Sub Industry Advisory Board at each School and department level.
- Providing advice in developing and achieving the SoE strategic plan and vision.
- Reviewing and finalizing (2) new proposed curriculums; Biomedical and Chemical Engineering Programs.
- Conducted student internship programs and faculty professional development opportunities, and other industry partnerships.
- EIAB members assist faculty and administration by serving as guest lecturers, hosting student field trips, providing judges for student competitions and senior project exhibitions.
- The EIAB assists in assessing specific areas of the academic program and suggesting improvements. Examples include reviewing program goals and objectives, recommending industry standards to incorporate into course material, and suggesting equipment and materials to incorporate into laboratories.