- The intent of this document is to define areas on college premises that are strictly smoke-free.
- Provide a safe, healthy and pleasant learning environment for ACK students and staff.
Applies to ACK community: all staff, students, contractors and visitors at the ACK campus.
- The College maintains a smoke- and tobacco-free office buildings. No smoking or other use of cigarettes (clove, bidis, kreteks), electronic cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos and hookah smoked products is permitted in any part of the building or in the building’s stairways and direct surroundings.
- All Australian College of Kuwait students, faculty, staff, contractors and visitors must comply with this policy.
- In case of violators spotted, ACK community is to report violation to Health & Safety. Reporting may be done verbally or by emailing the Health and Safety Helpdesk at: email@example.com
- Persons engaging in smoking and/or the use of smoking products in violation of this policy will be reported from H&S to the following designated officials:
- For staff: Human Resources Department
- For students: Student Affairs Department
- For contractors: Health and Safety Department
- For visitors: Security Department
- No person who makes a complaint of a violation of this policy or who furnishes information concerning a violation of this policy shall be retaliated against in any manner.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- Smoking: is defined as inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying a lighted or vapor-producing tobacco product.
- Tobacco: is defined as all tobacco-derived or containing products, including, but not limited to, cigarettes (clove, bidis, kreteks), electronic cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos. and hookah smoked products.
- Enclosed area: means a place or part of a place, of employment that has a ceiling or roof and (except for doorways and passageways) is completely or substantially enclosed by walls, windows, blinds, curtains or other objects.
© Copyright 2017. ACK. All Reserved.